Hey, ducklings! Welcome back to Sunday Shelving! Sunday Shelving is a Frankenstein-esque mishmash of the weekly memes Staking The Shelves and Sunday Post, with my own twist on things! Here I’ll be giving you my weekly recap and haul, as well as giving some love to my favorite posts of the week and to my favorite pictures from my bookstagram and recaping my week personally and blogging wise!
The Week In Books
Read And Reviewed
- Nisha lists her favorite villains
- Jeann gives us a survival guide for how to move 100s of books without an emotional breakdown
- The Oran-Gutan Librarian makes an excellent point about how reading between the lies is not a thing
- Jo talks about why she hates the hype monster
- Chelsea guest posts on girls in STEM
- Lauren made some incredible bookish desktop and phone wallpapers!
- Fadwa imagines what Olympic sport book characters would participate in.
- Esther gives advice for combating blogging stress.
- CW explains her qualms with the word “diverse”
- Author Colleen Hoover tells us her thoughts on trigger warnings
- Val asks if we favor attractive characters
- Kristin wonders if abandoned series are still worth it
- Looking forward to Empire of Storms? Are you fuzzy on what happened in the previous books but don’t want or have time to reread the series? Charnell’s got ya covered with a chapter by chapter series recap! Looking for something a little more in depth? Charnell’s also got inndividual recaps for Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, and Queen of Shadows!
- Sophie has a hilarious guide (with examples!) on how to write a synopsis for a YA book
- Briana says it’s okay for a book not to have a moral
- Melanie discusses gender double standards
- Kourtni says labeling a book “the next [insert popular book title here]” is annoying
Personal & Blogging News
Whew! It’s been one heck of a week running around and doing stuff! College begins tomorrow and, though I’m not a freshman, I’m at a new school so I feel super nervous. Consequently, I’ve had to do a lot of stuff surrounding school, like register and pay for classes, talk to a school advisor, buy school supplies, you know the drill. I also had two major doctor appointments this past week, so that added to the craziness! On top of that, I had two blog deadlines to meet! So I was running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off (I’m curious, does anyone say this expression outside of the South???)! I was doing well until Friday and Saturday when I had two major panic attacks, one of which lasted hours. So that was a minor bump in the road. But it’s just a bump, not the road and though I’m sure it won’t be totally smooth going from here, I am sure that I can make it through.
In blog news, my last discussion on if I’m being unfair in my reviews went really well! Y’all gave really great, long, thoughtful responses and I loved all of them! In other blog news, I have some really exciting things coming up, but I don’t want to give them away! Just know that something awesome is coming your way!
That’s all for me this week! How was your week? Do you begin school soon? Are you excited or nervous? Any tips for doing well in college? Let me know in the comments!
Over and out!