Welcome to Top 10 Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s topic is “book that will make you laugh (or at least chuckle).” Now. I am very hard to please when it comes to comedy, so it means a lot when I call a book funny. It was very hard to pick out books for this since I am so picky, but here are some of the funniest books I’ve read!
1) Nimona by Noelle Stevenson: This was the first book that has made me laugh out loud in a long time. It’s the perfect blend of cute, heartwarming, and hysterical!
2) Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: This one is a little drier. It’s not that it’s an overall funny book, but it has its cute, funny moments.
3) Saga Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples: This book has a lot of adult humor in the midst of a lot of adult situations. I appreciated how Vaughan can instantly brighten the mood in a tense situations. NOTE: This book has many adult situations, both sexual and violent, and is not recommended for readers under 18.
4) The Princess Bride by William Goldman: I never read this book in full, but what I did read of it was laugh out loud funny and silly! A must read classic!
5) Tales from Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, Sarah Rees Brennan, and Robin Wasserman: Simon has always been a particularly funny character in The Shadowhunter Chroniclals, so it was hysterical being in his head!
6) To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han: This book has a more cute sense of humor. Lara-Jean is so innocent, naive, and sweet that sometimes she has funny ideas of what life will look like.
7) Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, and Brooke A. Allen: This is another cute-funny book. The girls have hysterical reactions and use funny exclamations.
8) Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella: Kinsella somehow managed to make a serious book about anxiety also seriously funny while still respecting the topic and for that I am forever grateful to her! Audrey’s family is one of the funniest I’ve read of in a long time!
9) Geek Girl by Holly Smale: This book made me laugh so hard I almost cried. It’s so hysterical. If you want to laugh: read this book!
10) Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare: Of course, the newest Cassie Clare book in the shadowhunter world has her trademark sense of humor written all over it!