The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies. Link up once a week or once a month, you decide. Book haul can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books..share them!
THIS WEEK IN BOOKS
Currently Reading I’m in such a slump and the tragic thing is I actually really like the audiobook I’m currently listening to! *Sigh* I guess there really is only so much you can do. I’m currently listening to…
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
Books Borrowed And Bought
-Borrowed It was a pretty dry week for library borrows. However, I did manage to nab…
- The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller
-Bought My mom lost a bet to me and consequently had to buy me two books! I bought…
- Ms. Marvel Vol. 1: No Norman by G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona
- Young Avengers Vol. 1: Style > Substance by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie, and Mike Norton
-Received For Review So apparently I’m either a liar or have some memory loss thing going on because n yesterday’s Stacking The Shelves, I said I hadn’t received any books for review. Turns out I’ve actually received…
- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
- The Movie Version by Emma Wunsch
READ AND REVIEWED
me: *hangs head in shame*
me: *whispers* nothing…
LIST OF THE WEEK
Five Things NOT To Do With Your ARCs
1. Put them through a paper shredder
2. Take a shower with them (um…so apparently some people read in the shower???)
3. Burn them
4. Send them back to the publisher
5. SELL THEM!!!
BONUS GIF! Proof of Christine Riccio (a.k.a. polandbananasBOOKS) reading in the shower! Please do not do this to your beautiful ARC babies, even the horrible ones. Please.
- Claire discusses the need for representation of military kids/families in YA fiction.
- Veronkia puts together a masterlist of trilogies (includes adult, new adult, and young adult fiction of various genres).
- Melanie collects responses to her question of whether hype = book death.
- Aine tells us why diversity in literature is important and it’s so touching.
- Paul writes about how to turbo charge your reviews!
- Shar lists the dos and don’ts of audiobooks and it’s definitely a must read for all you audiobook newbs out there!
- Anthony came up with the idea to have a Blogwarts House Cup and I’m really diggin’ it! Come join!
- Kourtni asks whether Hogwarts houses unite or divide fans and students for Potterhead July.
- And finally, The Mary Sue (which, btws, is a great website you should totes check out if you haven’t already) shared the trailer and description for the movie we’ve all been waiting for, Underwritten Female Characters: The Movie!
For More, Visit Me On Instagram @thebookkeeper5
PERSONAL AND BLOGGING NEWS
It’s been an up and down week in the US. 4th of July happened, and that was, of course, really great. But we also had some tragic deaths happened in which several Black men were shot to death by police officers and then many police officers were injured and/or killed during a protest. I don’t know what to say. As an African American myself, I am deeply saddened and angry at what is going on. Yet I know there is still goodness in this world and I hope and pray for a better day for my people.
Personally, I actually had a decent week. My boyfriend replaced my laptop’s power cord and it came in the mail yesterday, so I no longer have to wait til August to use my laptop (which I’m using right now–can I get a “woohoo”?!). My mom lost a bet to me and as a result bought me two books. And to top it off, my mom also made her delicious, famous secret 4th of July red, white, and blue desert (it was delish!). So it was a pretty good week for the most part.
On the blog, I rearranged how I do WWW Wednesday and Waiting On Wednesday–Frankenstein style! Basically, I just smashed the memes together into a segment I’m calling What’s Up On Wednesdays!. But other than that, there’s nothing new going on.
So how are y’all doing? Did you do anything exciting of late? If you’re American, how did you celebrate the 4th? Read any good books of late (of course you have–give me your recommendations!)? Tell me all in the comments!
Over And Out!