I’m back at college!
I love school and my classes!
I Helped My Friend Move
My friend moved out of state last weekend and she lives alone so she needed a lot of help packing up her entire apartment. So for the last two weeks I’ve helped her pack and kept her company. It was nice to spend time with a friend but it sure did suck my energy up as well!
Now Let’s Get To The Books…
What I’m Currently Reading
I started reading A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir just the other day and so far I’m really enjoying it! The book starts out fast and really pulls you in so I’m hoping that it keeps up the pace and maybe it’ll help move me out of this horrid reading slump!
What I’ve Been Reading
What I’m Planning On Reading Next
Ohmygosh guys! Just look at this gloriously overambitious TBR! Especially given that I’m still in a slump! But I couldn’t help myself–there were just sooooooo many incredible books for sale and available to borrow at the library! I know it’s optimistic but I really do hope I get to all of these this month because I’m just uber excited for them! I’m not even gonna list the all because there’s waaaaay too many and I’m lazy and tired, but I think the above gives you quite the picture (literally!).
I had a great month for buying audiobooks in August, despite the fact that I didn’t actually listen to any of the audibooks I got. Nevertheless, I’m really excited about the audiobooks I got and I can’t wait to listen to them! I nabbed Nevernight by Jay Kristoff, Reliquary by Sarah Fine, A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir, and Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas.
“Recent” Links I’ve Been Lovin’
- Cait wants to know if you give authors second chances
- Aila is curious about whether or not we have different ratings for different genres
- Keionda tells us about character tropes she feels are outdated
- Erin thinks on youtuber books
- Kristen talks about why she doesn’t DNF books
- Jeann discusses when “diversity” isn’t actually diverse
- Liza talks fandoms and social media
- Jen reflects on materialism in blogging
- Michelle elaborates on why you may have DNFed a book
- Melanie weighs the pros and cons of including spoilers in your reviews
- Becca expands on why libraries are great and busts some library myths
- Anna guest posts on a bookworm’s relationship with readathons
- Esther asks why authors still go for instalove
- Claire lists what she wishes she saw more of in YA
- Ashleigh thinks about how important endings really are
- Silanur tells us why she has a problem with 3 star books
- Jocelyn wonders how complex side characters should be
- Ari talks about why its not always a give and take when it comes to book recommendations
- Alex discusses why we need both good representation and good stories
And Now For Some Recent Obsessions!
Okay. So I’m going to make a big admission here and that is that I am a major idiot. Why? Because I didn’t pick up Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen sooner, despite the buzz it was getting! I thought, “Nah! I’m not into trolls! Yuck!” BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I can’t account for my past stupidity, all I can say is that I’ve now corrected it. Please. I beg of you. Don’t be as dense as I was. Pick up Stolen Songbird ASAP! It’s got romance, adventure, magic, and, yes, trolls. It’s ridiculously good! So go read it now!
Music[spotify id=”spotify:track:6MDijuuArPJv1vbp7K1x3f” width=”300″ height=”380″ /] I honestly couldn’t get enough of this song in the past month and yet it’s still going around in my head! “Genghis Khan” has such a great groove and the perfect touch of good ol’ funk. The tenor vocal, which verge on becoming ethereal at points, really add a different flavor to the song. This song is sure to have you bobbing your head for days!
TV & Movies
As a young, African American woman in STEM myself, this is a movie I can seriously get behind! I always love learning about my people’s history and this seems like a wonderful story of strength, intelligence, and overcoming crazy odds! I can’t wait to see Hidden Figures!
Okay so I may be a tad biased as we’re blogger pals, but Lauren over at Wonderless Reviews runs an absolutely superb blog! Lauren is the biggest sweetheart and her blog is simultaneously honest and fun! Lauren regularly does reviews, tags, and discussions as well as general bookish fun posts, but recently, she also began making book inspired wallpapers and they’re insanely good! So go check her blog out and say hi to her–you definitely won’t regret it!
Recently Maggie Stiefvater incited total and complete chaos within the Raven Cycle fandom by tweeting that she’d outlined (outlined–not even written or proposed it to her publisher!) a new trilogy centering around Ronan Lynch!