Hey, y’all! It’s Lila, a.k.a. your favorite Holiday hobgoblin! HAPPY DECEMBER!!! We’re almost there, folks! We’ve almost made it through this crazy year, can you believe it?! It seems like just yesterday it was 2016!
Anyhoo, it’s time for my November wrap up. November was a pretty good month, in all regards. It had its ups and downs, but I made it through intact, so I guess that’s good, right? Lol! So now that I’ve come out the other side of November alive, let’s take a look back at the month…
The only major change for the foreseeable future is that Maggie will be taking a bit of a break from blogging here at Hardcover Haven. It’s not for forever, but she is going through some personal stuff that makes co-blogging difficult at the moment. She will be returning as soon as she can, but until then, it’s gonna be just me and Claire on the job. As this is the case, I am currently contemplating either picking up another co-blogger or starting a guest post series. Nothing on that front is set in stone yet, but we’ll see where it goes, so definitely stay tuned!
- Lila reviewed Avenged by Amy Tintera
- Lila discussed books she feels deserve more appreciation
- Lila reviewed Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau
- Lila made some #BookBlogger confessions
- Lila did the Book Bloggers Test
- Lila did the #Diverse8 Book Tag
Reading Wrap Up + Mini Reviews
I’m sad to report that I didn’t read anything this past month. My TBR is currently accepting thoughts and prayers. 😭 😭 😭
RECEIVED FOR REVIEW
I finally saw Spider-Man: Homecoming and I LOVED it! It was the perfect mix of action-packed and adorkably awkward. I think the filmmakers hit the “teenager” notes perfectly–not only did all of the characters look like teens, but the scriptwriters and actors did a fantastic job at making the characters talk and act like teens too! I love that almost every character with a speaking part was a person of color and I particularly adored the addition of Michelle’s character, I think she was definitely a highlight of the film for me! All in all, if you have the chance to see Spider-Man: Homecoming, I’d say to go for it!
Around The Booknet
- The gals at YA Wednesdays taught us about ways you can support an author while you’re on a budget
- Lashaan at Bookidote revealed why he reads
- 24hryabookblog recommended podcasts based on what YA books you like
- Katie at Never Not Reading explained why she dislikes used books
- The ladies at Pages Unbound created a quiz so you can find out which female character from Murder on the Orient Express you are
- Beth at Reading Every Night asked why there are more female protagonists than male
- Heather at The Sassy Book Geek talked about what makes her DNF a book
- Kourtni at Kourtni Reads discussed opinions changing over time
- Fadwa at Word Wonders gave us a look into how she reviews books
- Marie at Drizzle And Hurricane Books reflected on blogging stats, letting them define you, popularity, and more
- Izzi at Ravenclaw Book Club thought about why people read book blogs
- Melanie at MNBernard Books explored stress and reading
- Shanah at Bionic Book Worm wondered if you read reviews before you buy books
- Maggie Stiefvater gave us a sneak peak of her upcoming Raven Cycle short story and new tarot card
- Cassandra Clare revealed that she is writing a new Adult high fantasy series which is wholly separate from the Shadowhunters world
- Becky Albertalli’s Leah on the Offbeat got a cover
- The trailer for Love, Simon (the adaptation of Becky Albertalli’s Simon VS The Homo Sapiens Agenda) was revealed
The only major event that happened in November was that 🎉 🎉 🎉 I HAD MY 23RD BIRTHDAY! 🎉 🎉 🎉
I had a really quiet birthday this year, but it was still good and I had a great time with my family and some friends. I don’t feel much different save for the fact that the dreaded Existential Aging Terror has set in, lol! Looking back, I think 22 was a pretty good year–it was full of lots of personal growth and I feel like I made a ton of tiny, but still significant, strides. I’m hoping that 23 is just as good, if not better! For now, I’m just focusing on enjoying one day at a time, though!