Hey, y’all, it’s Lila!
Sometimes you’re tagged to do a tag and sometimes you tag the tag…Wait. I was trying to be deep, but it has come to my attention that that made no sense whatsoever… Anyhoo! When I saw this tag on The Orang-Utan Librarian, I just knew I had to do it! Never mind not being tagged–I’m taking matters into my own hands! Why? Because I’m one bitter banana, that’s why!*
*I’ve just been informed that the phrase “bitter banana” also makes ZERO sense whatsoever but we’re just gonna run with it, ‘kay?
BUT! Bananas aside, I thought this was a hilarious tag that spoke to my soul. Here’s how it works…
- Please PINGBACK to Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities.
- You can choose ten romance fails from ANY media you like: books, movies, anime, manga, T.V shows, or Webtoons. You can even mix them up if you want.
- You can choose funny fails or serious ones; for the serious ones, phrase it humorously. Remember, this is a fun tag! It’s not meant to be serious.
- Mention who’s who in the fails. (I.E, who fails and who is the recipient of the failure). If there isn’t recipient, per se, just state the couple (or non-couple).
- Optional: Rank the failures from least extreme to most extreme.
- 5 failures at LEAST.
- Tag as many people as you want, but at least one person.
So now we’ve got the rules down, let’s get down to business
TO DEFEAT THE HUNS!
Maggie/West (Under The Lights by Abbi Glines)
File this one under “I assaulted a girl and she thought it was romantic so I ran with it and began a relationship with her which wholly only revolved around my needs!”
Roar/Locke OR Roar/Cassius (Roar by Cora Carmack)
Cause you know it’s True Love when a guy just totally disrespects your boundaries on a consistent basis…
Mare Barrow/Cal OR Mare Barrow/Maven (Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard)
Yeah, I’m pretty sure Mare’s not capable of having a relationship with anything or anyone aside from her own reflection.
Mirabella/Joseph (Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Please stop with the instalove
Oh, and nix the cheating too
Blue/Adam (The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater)
Ugh. All I’m gonna say is: why was this ever even A Thing???
Bella/Edward (Twilight by Stephenie Meyer)
When the way a girl smells sends you into a homicidal rage, it’s a great indicator…
Isobel/Rook (An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson)
Granted, if wandering around a forest for a day with a guy who technically kidnapped me found me my soulmate, I guess I’d do it too?
Eadlyn Schreave/ANYONE, HONESTLY (The Selection by Kiera Cass)
Nothing more beautiful than being a brat, am I right?
Laia/Elias (An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir)
This is the only one that I honestly think I’m alone on but I’m sorry I really don’t like Laia and I truly believe that my baby boy deserves waaaaay better!