Hello again, dear friends! I hope you are all well and if not, I hope brighter days head your way soon!
Well, it looks like 2022 is really getting going, seeing as February absolutely just zoomed past! Time is an odd little thing, ain’t it? *shakes head in befuddlement*
Alas! Despite the fact that I had the same 28 full days as everyone else, I somehow managed to not get much reading done. But let’s not linger on that thought—let’s just dive into to wrap up!
what i posted
what i read
Did I read anything in February? Technically yes. But did I finish any of those books in February?….Uhm…No…Definitely no…
what i’m currently reading
I’m still meandering my way through The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, sadly. Overall, I think I’m enjoying the book, although I feel like I lost a bit of my enthusiasm during the part I’m currently reading. I’m considering settig it down, as I feel like my mood outside of reading is kinda affecting how I currently feel.
In an attempt to jump-start my reading life again, I also picked For The Wolf by Hannah Whitten back up and decided to just read it from the beginning again. So far I’m enjoying it, but I’m trying to take it slow and really savor the read.
what i plan on reading
I figured it’d be fun to participate in not one, but two (!!!) readathons this March: the Orilium: Gear Up mini readathon and GreekGodAThon. I picked out books for all of the prompts applicable, but that’s mainly so that I have plenty of options, seeing as I’m a mood reader.
my orilium: gear up tbr
my #greekgodathon tbr
what i acquired from publishers
what i watched
the wheel of time (amazon prime)
I finally started the Amazon adaptation of The Wheel of Time and so far I’m really enjoying the show! I’ve never read the book series that the show is based on, so I can’t make any verdicts as to how they compare, but I can say that simply as a fantasy show The Wheel of Time is definitely worth the watch! I love the cast of characters and the plot is super intriguing, so I can’t wait to watch more and to find out how the season ends.
what i listened to
“September” by Ayoni // The vocals and the reverb on this track are just *heaven sighs*!
“Comic Sans” by AUDREY NUNA ft. Jack Harlow // I recently discovered and became a fan of both of these artists, so of course I love their collab!
“Shway Shway” by Talia Lahoud // Oh, ya know, just another fun, summer-sounding Arabic pop song that I absolutely love…
“space girl” by Frances Forever // This is like my ADHD anthem and I’m HERE for it!
what i bookmarked
- Liv analyzed the issues with the subtext of The Fault in Our Stars in regards to disability
- Rosina gave us tips on how to make yourself read
- Fadwa interviewed S. Isabelle, author of the upcoming YA fantasy, The Witchery
- Phoenix shared four awesome, underhyped authors to check out
- Becky investigated the topic of love triangles
- Clo discussed slow burn romances plus gave some recommendations
- Gauri interviewed Lillie Lainoff, author of the upcoming YA adventure debut, One for All
- Abigail told us all about the five must-haves for a cozy reading experience
- Veronica recommended 14 fantasy duologies
- Marie talked about how book blogging has affected her reading for better and worse
- Maddie gave a shout out to 11 contemporaries that will get you in your feels
what i did in february 2022
Honestly, on the one hand, my February wasn’t too eventful, but on the other hand, it was pretty relaxing (so that’s a plus!). I continued to feel more and more balanced and healthy, which is definitely worth celebrating! Tbh, there’s nothing much to report from this short month, but that’s a good thing. *shrugs*
what i plan on doing in march 2022
March is set to be full of a lot of housework and home maintenance. Basically, it’s spring cleaning season and there’s plenty of work to be done! I’m also hoping to get out a bit more as the weather slowly warms up, maybe even see some friends. I also have a couple of fun projects I’m hoping to work on if I have time to. Fingers crossed it’ll be a good month!
spill the beans, friends!
- How was your February?
- Did you read any good books?
- What’s on your March TBR?
- Do you have any fun plans for March?